In this episode, Felipe Zañartu and Danielle Duarte interview Alyssa Knolls and Vanessa Gomez regarding experiences, policies, and procedures for school counselor in times of crisis.
Resources referenced during this episode:
- Cox, J. W. (2017). The wounds they carry: For six teens at a Las Vegas high school, homecoming week started with a country music concert. Washington Post.
- Migaki, L. and Samsel, H. (2017). After wildfires destroyed their homes, students find healing help at school. National Public Radio.
- Brock, S. et al. (2001). Preparing for crises in the schools: A manual for building school crisis response teams (2nd ed.). New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- McCallister, D. (2018). Threats against schools increase since Florida shooting. National Public Radio.
- National Forum on Education Statistics. (2010). Crisis data management: A forum guide to collecting and managing data about displaced students (NFES 2010–804). U.S. Department of Education. Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics.
- Maxwell, L. (2018). Most teenagers are scared of a shooting in their schools and so are their parents. Education Week.