HATCHING RESULTS, LLC PRESENTS: MTSS & THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR'S ROLE
Two-Day Professional Development Series for K-12 School Counselors and Administrators
Provided by Orange County Department of Education, Learning Support Services
December 15, 2017 and March 2, 2018
Orange County Department of Education
200 Kalmus Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Friday, December 15, 2017—Location: D1004-5-6
Friday, March 2, 2018—Location: Building A, Board Room
Participants will engage in two days of training focused on the school counselor’s’ role within Multi-Tiered, Multi-Domain System of Supports. Training outcomes include school counselors being able to:
- Explain the updated school counseling role and Multi-Tiered, Multi-Domain System of Supports, and integrate the knowledge into Tier 1 lessons and activities for ALL students
- Review engaging and relevant school counseling core curriculum classroom lessons (Tier 1) and integrate best practices in teaching and learning into designing lesson plans
- Design a draft pre/post assessment that aligns with core curriculum classroom lessons
- Use data-based decision-making to determine the at-risk indicators for students needing intentional interventions
- Create appropriate Tier 2 interventions to meet the varying needs of identified students
- Evaluate effectiveness of classroom lessons (Tier 1) and Tier 2 interventions through perception and outcome data
Day 1: December 15, 2017
- An overview of CA MTSS and counselor’s role.
- Tier 1 scope and sequence for a comprehensive development and preventative school counseling curriculum.
- Roles, responsibilities and effective collaboration of other support staff
- Implementation of ASCA National Model aligned management and documentation tools
Day 2: March 2, 2018
- Tier 2 & 3 intentional guidance intervention activities to address data-driven needs.
- Aligning LCAP and strategic plan for collection and use of data relative to identified needs.
- Leadership to sustain a school counseling program’s design, implementation, evaluation, and program improvement.
MEET THE PRESENTERS
Led by Trish Hatch, PhD, Hatching Results® has provided training, grant writing, evaluation, and consultation nationally for over 20 years. Our diverse team is experienced in all levels as K-12 school counselors, administrators, district leaders, superintendents, state department consultants, counselor educators, state school counseling association leaders, and members of the former First Lady’s Reach Higher Initiative state teams
Click here to learn more about our trainers.
$390.00 per person for the two-day series on December 15, 2017 & March 2, 2018.
$195.00 per person per one-day session.
Fee includes breakfast, lunch, and all training materials including a copy of The Use of Data in School Counseling (Hatch, 2013) text, a ‘starter’ School Counseling Handbook, and district-level coaching.
Learn more about cancellation policy and payment options by visiting the Orange County Department of Education, Student Services.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Contact Lorena Rodriquez, Orange County Department of Education, at email@example.com or (714) 327-1052.